Assortment of the Strange
For some reason, the last few days have proffered some weird flotsam:
- "Ready-to-Eat Cheesecake Filling" While I recognize that this is meant to, you know, fill a cheesecake shell, all I could think of was sitting in front of serial weepy flicks with a large spoon at the ready. Plus it sort of grossed me out, but I'm not a huge fan of cheesecake.
- License plate reading "NAN POOH". This one just confused the hell out of me. Does Nana like Winnie the Pooh? Is she a gastroenterologist? Does she adore "The Mikado"? The mind boggles.
- License plate reading "DERBUFF". Probably there is a logical explanation for this one too, but with Gene in Zurich, all I could think of was a Teutonic exfoliation. Der buff! Now ve danz!
- Stickers on the back of a large SUV dropping kids off at one of the local elementary schools: two Mudflap girls, and those stupid stick figures of one's family. I don't even know where to begin with that combination.
- A crow crossing the street near aforementioned school. Now, this isn't strange, perhaps, but what if I told you he was crossing in the crosswalk? It was all I could to not roll down the window and shout "NEVERMORE!". And yes, I know that was a raven. Work with me here.
by at November 07, 2007 9:23 AM